Rose water is a flavored water that has been steeped in roses. It is transparent in color and has ancient homeopathic roots dating back to ancient Egypt where Egyptian women used rose water to reduce wrinkles and the appearance of pores. Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen herself was a huge fan of rose water and consequently used it to keep her skin healthy and glowing. It is also said that she used to bathe her skin and face with rose water.
Today however, rose water is used in a variety of ways. From using it in food recipes especially relevant in middle eastern cuisine, to cosmetics and more. The benefits it has guarantees that you will add it to your beauty regime.
- Naturally contains vitamin A and C and has antioxidants that help give a glowing complexion.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that help get rid of acnes and reduce redness
- Can be used to treat sun burns and scars
- Contains antioxidant properties that help strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- It works as a wonderful hair conditioner and helps get rid of dandruff.